Our vision is to provide enhanced connectivity among a network of sidewalks, nature trails, and multi-use trails in and around Atlanta Memorial Park, both east and west of Northside Drive.
- Pathways around Memorial Park, under Northside Drive, around BJ Golf Course, BG Tennis Center and Recital Hall, all connected to the Beltline’s NW Trail.
- Bike paths east of Northside Drive, crossing Peachtree Creek, connecting to the Beltline, and under Northside Drive to Memorial Park and Wesley Drive.
- A flood-resistant nature trail through the interior of Memorial Park.
What we are doing:
- Working with GDOT, PATH, BJGCF, and COA on the Northside Drive bridge underpass.
- Working with GDOT, BJGCF, and the Springlake Civic Association on the installation of a new light with crosswalks at the intersection of Northside Drive/Klump Lane/McKinley Road.
- Working with GDOT and neighborhoods on new bridge sidewalk and crosswalk designs.
- Hosting community meetings about pathways, roads, bridge replacement, etc.
What we have done:
- Launched the Northside Drive bridge underpass proposal. Continued advocacy and numerous follow-up meetings with PATH, GDOT and BJGCF have led to a bridge design to accommodate the underpass.
- Secured funding and coordinated design and permitting of the sidewalk around Memorial Park. Coordinated with Renew Atlanta, ASTRA, HGOR, and Long Engineering on the installation of the 5-foot sidewalks around Memorial Park.
- Hosted meetings with PATH and neighborhoods for input regarding the design of the multi-use trail loop around the golf course.
- Secured funding for the Memorial Park nature trail.
Our future plans:
- Continue advocacy for the Northside Drive bridge underpass and surface walkways.
- Host community meetings for Beltline updates and other connectivity issues.
- Advocate for the maintenance and safety of the sidewalks, nature trails and pathways throughout Atlanta Memorial Park.