Our vision is to provide enhanced connectivity among a network of sidewalks, nature trails, and multi-use trails in and around Atlanta Memorial Park, both east and west of Northside Drive.
– Walkways around Memorial Park, under Northside Drive, around the golf course, tennis center and recital hall, and to the Beltline.
– Bike paths east of Northside Drive, crossing Peachtree Creek, connecting to the Beltline, and under Northside Drive to Memorial Park.
– A flood-resistant nature trail through the interior of Memorial Park.
What we are doing:
– Working to secure the Northside Drive bridge underpass with GDOT and PATH.
– Finalizing permitting for the 5-foot sidewalk to be installed around Memorial Park. Coordinating with Renew Atlanta (funder), HGOR (land planner), Long Engineering (engineer), and ASTRA (contractor).
– Working with GDOT and neighborhoods on new bridge sidewalk and crosswalk designs.
– Hosting community meetings about pathways, roads, bridge replacement, etc.
What we have done:
– Launched the Northside Drive bridge underpass proposal. Continued advocacy and numerous follow-up meetings with PATH, GDOT and BJGCF have led to a bridge design which accommodates the underpass.
– Secured funding and coordinated design and permitting of the sidewalk around Memorial Park.
– Hosted meetings with PATH and neighborhoods for input regarding the multi-use trail design looping around the golf course.
Our future plans:
– Continue advocacy for the Northside Drive bridge underpass and surface walkways.
– Host community meetings for Beltline updates and other connectivity issues.
– Advocate for the maintenance and safety of the sidewalks, nature trails and pathways throughout Atlanta Memorial Park.