The DWM has a number of projects planned, some short-term, and others long-term. Some of the projects that will positively impact Atlanta Memorial Park include:
- improving the handling capacity and throughput of water treatment plants
- clearing and cleaning old sewage lines to improve throughput, and reduce leakage
- adding storage capacity to handle flood waters
- providing means to divert water to address flooding, and
- eliminating the two “aerial crossings” over Peachtree Creek inside Memorial Park’s borders (a source of spills).